This module is for Gira HomeServer 3 installers and it is intended to be used in conjunctions with QuadClient graph plug-in. All necessary information are included in the download.
The module is currently at version 1.1
1.0 – initial version
1.1 – corrected a bug when the max value would not drop under zero when it should do so
Put the .hsl file into the location of logic files of Expert software, then I recommend a computer restart or at least a logoff/logon procedure. I also succesfully experimented closing Expert software and restarting it but the documented (thus recommended) procedure is to restart the computer.
Please note if you updated to Expert 2.4 from an old version, the location of logic folder changed from the Program Files… folders to UsersPublicDocuments… folders
As mentioned in the comment area, the QuadClient graph plug-in is not as straightforward as the normal HS graph plugin is. Below is the recommended numbers of cycles based on GIRA feedback on the subject:
- for Hour Diagram: sample at every minute, so enter number 1 at Cycles (no.) input and 60 rows (memory ring) archive should be created
- for Day Diagram: sample at every 50 minutes, so enter number 50 at Cycles (no.) input and 29 rows (memory ring) archive should be created. You can safely change the number at 25 instead of 24 and leave the 60 rows archive in place
- for Week Diagram: sample at every 100 minutes, so enter number 100 at Cycles (no.) input and 101 rows (memory ring) archive should be created
- for Month Diagram: sample at every day, so enter number 1440 at Cycles (no.) input and 31 rows (memory ring) archive should be created
- for Year Diagram: around 5 samples a month, so I suggest one sample every 6 days thus please enter number 8640 at Cycles (no.) input and use a 61 rows (memory ring) archive
There is no need to operate changes inside the module definition. All the above numbers represent minimum memory utilisation for best diagrams display. You can always use more frequent sampling and larger archives but as a best practice try to divide the above number of cycles to whatever number you want and get an integer as a result (e.g. from 1440 you can safely use 720, 480, 360, 288, 240, 180, 144, 120, 90, 72, 60, 45, 36, 30, 18, 15, 12, 10, 9, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 depending on your other uses for the archive). Make sure you scale the number of rows in the archive definition with the same factor you divide the recommended number of cycles!
Please write a comment if you have any troubles with that.
Thank you very much for the clear explanation, very helpful. All my graphs are working except the hour graph. Can you give me your data on the settings?
My settings are ring memory 60 and to reload the graph in quadclient every 2 minutes. I am recording the values every minute as in your example above. The graph works in the visualisation but not in the QC. Also I know it is recording the data correct since I viewed the CSV file of the archive via the hslist.
After having spent much time on the problem I finally solved it. There was a difference in time zone setting between the HS and my PC. Now they are the same and it works!
Problem is solved now. Thanks again.
Comments feed for this article